Practical Car and Van Rental Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Practical Car and Van Rental Ltd, 21 – 23 Little Broom Street Birmingham B12 0EU
Information We May Collect From You
We may record your personal information at various times, for example when you visit our Website, register on our Website, send an enquiry, download a franchise information pack or contact us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact information when requesting information: We collect name, postal address, email address, telephone number, available investment level, business name, ltd or non-ltd and current business activity.
- Other non-personal information: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site practicalfranchise.com (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our franchise pack. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How We Use Personal Data
Information about our potential new franchisees is an important part of our business. We may share this information only as described below and with controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- When you sign up to the practicalfranchise.com website: We collect name and address, telephone, email address, available investment level, business name, ltd or non-ltd and current business activity. This provides us with default details for you. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
The Site has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do take data security very seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check such policies before submitting any information to these websites.
Are you under the age of 18?
Practicalfranchise.com is only intended for potential new franchisees over the age of 18.
Cookies or Similar Technologies
Cookies and similar technologies are used to store pieces of information on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Types of cookies used
The following cookie types may be used on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into your account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us to tailor your experience. They allow us, for example, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Performance cookies. These cookies help us understand how our customers use our website. They allow us, for example, to improve the customer experience, to test new designs and monitor errors.
- Affiliate cookies. These cookies are used by affiliate networks to track a transaction you may make after using an offer or promotion on our website. In some circumstances, this allows us to be paid a small commission.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are used to display relevant advertisements from us or third-parties on other sites, apps or social networks.
- Social Media cookies. These cookies are used to provide integration with Social Networks. They allow us, for example, to provide the ability for you to log in using Facebook.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
If you sign up for our franchise pack you are giving your consent for us to contact you, we will send you information about our franchise profiles or other products and services we feel may interest you. Your e-mail address may also be used to send you information that we feel is relevant to your registration on the Website.
You can opt-out from receiving any further communications from us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, business name, email address and postcode.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Practical Car and Van Rental Ltd
21 – 23 Little Broom Street